HELP SAVE THE PLANET — LOWER STUDENT DEBT — EARN COURSE CREDIT
The College Corps program will provide fellowships to over 300 students during AY 2023-2024, and expects to run again in the following years. To apply, or to register your interest as a faculty member or community host organization, please complete the INTEREST FORM at https://serviceinaction.calpoly.edu/college-corps-recruitment.
- Eligibility: Full-time undergraduate students at Cal Poly, Cuesta College, Allan Hancock College, or CSU Long Beach.
- Each fellow is to complete 450 hours of work between Aug 2023 - Jul 2024. Work is not required to occur while school is in session.
- Fellows will receive $7,000 stipend through regular disbursements, to be used for living expenses. Upon successful completion of the program, fellows receive an additional $3,000 for educational expenses.
- Whenever possible, fellows will be given placements that align with their academic and career goals and help develop 21st century job skills. We will work with faculty to find ways that fellows can earn academic credit through their service.
- Fellows can be placed at nonprofits or government agencies to work on programs focused on climate action (also food security and K-12 education), in groups of 2 or more.
- DACA recipients (AB-540 eligible Dreamers) are especially encouraged to apply.